Integrative Medical Treatment for Back Pain
Back pain is a common disorder involving muscles, nerves and bones of the back .It is encountered more frequently in Youngsters below 40 years of age and is more severe in older age group.it is found that up to 84% of adults experience low back pain at some point of time during their life. Approximately 2% to 8% of these individual will develop chronic disabling low back Pain.
The risk factors are heavy weight lifting, poor postures twisting movement’s road traffic accidents, obesity .In Ayurveda Low back pain can be considered under‘katishoola’in which the term ‘kati’ means lower back and ‘Shoola’ means pain
What Causes Back Pain?
- Disc bulge
- Lumbar Spondylitis
- Degeneration of the lumbar spine
- Muscle and ligament strain
Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain can range from a dull aching to a stabbing or shooting pain, numbness, decreased range of motion, more over the pain may radiate towards the leg or worsen with bending, lifting, standing twisting and walking
When to see a doctor?
Most of the back pain gradually improves by self-care, usually within a few weeks. Must contact your doctor if your back pain
- Persists past a few weeks
- Is severe and doesn't improve with rest
- Spreads down one or both legs, especially if the pain extends below the knee
- Causes numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Pain accompanied by unexplained weight loss
- Causes new bowel or bladder problem
- Pain accompanied by a fever and injury
- Pain caused after an Injury