Solution to Hypertension
Hypertension, also called High Blood pressure is the most common life style disorder in the present era .It is a condition in which the blood pressure is chronically raised. When a person's systolic blood pressure is consistently 140 mm Hg or higher, and/or their diastolic blood pressure is consistently 90 mm Hg or higher it is considered to be hypertensive.
A review of current trends shows that the number of adults with hypertension increased from 594 million in 1975 to 1.13 billion in 2015, with the increase seen largely in low- and middle-income countries. This increase is due mainly to a rise in hypertension risk factors in those populations. According to WHO, the incidence of hypertension in the urban population is around 40% and rural around 18%.In Ayurveda Hypertension can be correlated with Uccha Raktachapa.
Types of Hyperstension
- Primary Hypertension
- Secondary Hypertension
- Isolated Systolic Hypertension: Common in aged people due to reduced vascular compliance, systolic B.P > 160 mm of Hg with Diastolic pressure < 90 mm of Hg.
- Neurogenic Hypertension: It can be caused by strong stimulation of sympathetic nervous system.
- Sleep apnea
- Secondary to disease for ex: – adrenal disease, Cushing syndrome etc.
- Excessive use of Medications (steroids etc.)
- If your blood pressure is extremely high, you may experience:
- Severe Head ache
- Chest pan.
- Vision problems
- Normal blood pressure. Your blood pressure is normal if it's below 120/80 mm Hg.
- Elevated blood pressure. Elevated blood pressure is a systolic pressure ranging from 120 to 129 mm Hg and a diastolic pressure below 80 mm Hg. Elevated blood pressure may also be called Prehypertension.
- Hypertension Stage 1 Stage 1 hypertension is a systolic pressure ranging from 130 to 139 mm Hg or a diastolic pressure ranging from 80 to 89 mm Hg.
- Hypertension Stage 2. More severe hypertension, stage 2 hypertension is a systolic pressure of 140 mm Hg or higher or a diastolic pressure of 90 mm Hg or higher.
- Hypertensive crisis. A blood pressure measurement higher than 180/120 mm Hg is an emergency situation that requires urgent medical care. If you get this result when you take your blood pressure at home, wait five minutes and retest. If your blood pressure is still high , should consult the doctor immediately.
VHG's Integrative Treatment Approach for Hypertension:
Treatment for Hypertension mainly focusses on balancing the three Dosha’s (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) and the Triguna’s (Sattva, Rajas and Tamas)
The line of treatment for hypertension is aimed at identifying the root cause of the condition and then administering herbs, yoga therapy and certain naturopathic treatments such as spinal bath that can treat the root cause. It is imperative to see that digestion is improved and the digestive fire is strengthened. Therefore detox therapies to eliminate the morbid matter is also essential.